Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Road Trip from Chicago to Charleston - Day 2 - 9/8/11

MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

My 29th birthday started with the end of the road trip at the Irvin House Vineyards and Firefly Distillery on Wadmalaw Island, South Carolina.  The place is very off-the-beaten-track and the power was out when we arrived but it was a highlight of the trip for all of us.

The vodka tasting was only $6 for 6 tastes and they have a wide variety to taste.

Dave, Kim, me and Brian enjoying ourselves in the tasting room ...


Then, next door to taste some Mescadine wine ...
I have to say, the wine is not really my flavor, but since there are only a limited number of grapes that can grow in that climate, the wine was interesting to taste.

We followed up our visit to the vineyard with a few of my Charleston favorites.  We checked into King Charles Inn, had some drinks, and went to dinner at Slightly North of Broad (SNOB) before taking a walk down to the Battery.



No comments:

Post a Comment